Ok I feel dumb

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:27:48 -0700

OK, I see how it is with you Craig.  Either everyone knuckles under your
thumb and only use the software you approve or you withhold your help.  If
that is how you want it, so be it.  I hope you never need someone else's
help.  I couldn't care less about server authentication types or pale data
interchange but I do care about replying from the correct account something
only a few Evolution users apparently have been able to get to work while
several have said it does not. (including several on the users.ximian list.

You are now officially coming across as an arrogant SNOB.  I don't need that
kind of help.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig White" <craigwhite@azapple.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 3:51 AM
Subject: Re: Ok I feel dumb

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 22:38, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> All I can add is I have never liked NC and do not use it at all.  If it
> doesn't do what you want it to do that should be a consideration.  That's
> why I am not using Evolution, too many features missing that I want that
are
> in OE.
-------
What?

OE - more features than Evolution? OE doesn't have calendar/tasks/palm
data exchanger, the ability to check a server for authentication types
is awesome.

Lemme see, your complaints about Evolution...doesn't sound a chime on
new mail, doesn't reply from correct account (which it does for me and
for Blake)...doesn't seem to be a feature set that is of any
consequence. If you had said...won't do a hotmail mail account, I'd at
least have to agree with that but Hotmail is junk service anyway. OE
also does newsgroups where Evolution doesn't.

I am totally pleased with Evolution and I was a Outlook 2000 junkie.

I think you just hit my no more help list

Craig