[Fwd: Update: (used to be - okay how do I get my mail???)]

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Feb 2002 16:24:31 -0700

--=-LmmCDErV2d2Tb24JlP5e

Subject: Update: (used to be - okay how do I get my mail???)
From: Carl Parrish <cparrish@cox.net>
To: Carl Parrish <cparrish@cox.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2002 16:19:16 -0700

Okay its something with my system. I ended up poping it to one of my
free web based email pages. No problem. But I *still* can't access it
from my network. I don't know maybe something with my firewall or my
connection to cox. Anyways thanks guys. I wouldn't have been able to get
it if Victor didn't remind me about netmail.home.com

Carl P.

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 09:50, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Thanks Victor for your reply,
> However so far its not working. I can ping both mail and
> netmail.home.com but I get "could not connect to mail". (oh well back to
> cox tech support). BTW mozilla (my *real* mail tool) has multiple
> personalities <g>. So many people asked for it that I was suprised at
> the backlash we got from Netscape 4.x users who _liked_ the profile
> method. Oh well can't please everyone.
>
> Carl P.

> > But if I'm using the mail / mail servers,
> > and want to unsubscribe from a mailing list,
> > then I need to change my "identity" to
> > vodhner@home.com when sending the unsubscribe
> > message, then change it back.
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Vic
> >
> > Carl Parrish wrote:
> > >
> > > Alright update for my DHCP problems with cox. I gave up on calling them
> > > and sent an email telling them my problems and that I thought I may need
> > > to have my MAC address reset. The next morining I got a replay where
> > > they said they needed to "reprovision" me (???). Anyways after they did
> > > it I was able to get an IP address. And with the exception of the
> > > network just going out on me for a few mins here and there its been a
> > > rather good change over. *Except* I thought I would still have access to
> > > my @home address. I switched everything over on cox end but I assumed
> > > that either all my @home mail would be forwarded to my new address or I
> > > would still be able to pop the old account. But I can't seem to get to
> > > my old mail server and its deff not being forwarded. Anyone have any
> > > idea's how I can get mail sent to my old account?
> > >
> > > Carl P.

--=-LmmCDErV2d2Tb24JlP5e--