more perl login

Joel Dudley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:30:49 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B34B.C1B2E390

use a file based database like Xbase. I know there are libs for it.

- Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Roderick [mailto:rford@asu.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 3:13 PM
To: plug-discuss
Subject: more perl login

Has anyone used text files via perl or php as "database" storage,
SECURELY??

Besides not being able to use the mysql databases on the isp's server
for product information, I can't use it of course for password files.
So I'm trying to figure out ways to SECURELY warehouse information for
lookup and update.

-- ROD

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1B34B.C1B2E390

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: more perl login</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>use a file based database like Xbase. I know there =
are libs for it.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>- Joel</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Roderick [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:rford@asu.edu">mailto:rford@asu.edu</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 3:13 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: plug-discuss</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: more perl login</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Has anyone used text files via perl or php as =
&quot;database&quot; storage, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>SECURELY??</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Besides not being able to use the mysql databases on =
the isp's server </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>for product information, I can't use it of course =
for password files. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>So I'm trying to figure out ways to SECURELY =
warehouse information for </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>lookup and update.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- ROD</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>See <A =
HREF=3D"http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/navigator-mail.shtml</A> if =
your mail doesn't post to the list quickly and you use Netscape to =
write mail.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>PLUG-discuss mailing list&nbsp; -&nbsp; =
PLUG-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss" =