Ok I feel dumb

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:27:42 -0700

foodog wrote:

> George Toft wrote:
> > I hate to be a whiner about the 4 pt font and black letters on a
> > gray background, so I won't.  I'm using Netscape Messenger.  Can
> > someone tell me how I can receive these mails and actually read
> > them as it must be a misconfiguration in Netscape that my aging
> > eyes cannot overcome.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > George
>
> George, I also use Netscape Messenger.  My technique is to hunch over
> close to the screen and read the tiney letters :-)  If it's more than a
> few sentences my backup plan is to delete it. In the past I'd switch to
> 640x480 res for such cases but I seldom bother anymore (getting lazier
> the closer to 40 I get).
>
> Another technique that's worked is to highlight tiny text with the mouse
> and paste it into a text editor with a visible font.

What generally works for me is I edited the prefrences and set "read
email with fixed width fonts" and then adjusted my fonts to be as big as
I want.

Another way is to set up the screen server so that it has a couple of
low resolution screen modes like 600x800 or something,  then you can
give it the vulcan nerve pinch (damn I forgot the key sequence) to
Persuade It to shift to something more readable.  That way you could
probably bounce back and forth.

The only times I've REALLY had trouble reading something is when they
used black fonts on a dark blue background.  The I highlighted it with
my mouse and I was then able to see the letters as yellow on dark
blue...

  EBo --