cox.net FYI

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
09 Feb 2002 12:58:54 -0700

--=-5HkPkcI4EuHzYGt13QzD

My parents have 2 computers behind a hub on Cox and have had no trouble
at all with them both being on line since the change over.  Of course
they are both Windows machines.  I wonder if using something like a
gateway box between the hub and the modem would help.

This just made me wonder too, one of the people I work with just changed
with Qwest to MSN and now her VPN to the office does not work.  Qwest
says it is something to do with NAT and MSN.  Since they would like to
have two PC's on line at once I bet the same gateway thing might help
them too. Something like the e-smith gateway server like I am using now
and can VPN to the office with no problem.  Any one else have any
thoughts in this area?  Stan I know you're lurking out there what do you
think?