@work and DNS

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
09 Feb 2002 10:45:16 -0700

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 09:52, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Does anyone know if cox's @work service (are they still going to be
> calling it that?) allows you set up your own DNS server? And other than
> bind does anyone have a DNS server recommendation?

----
cox has converted their @work accounts to the coxbusiness which gives
you fixed ip addresses and pretty much allows you to do whatever you
please in terms of servers but your upstream is not generally favorable
for demand services such as dns. I would recommend that you use one of
the freebee dns providers.

Personally, I use bind but that is because it is standard distro stuff
and I really only use it for local & caching services and don't expose
it to the public. You might want to look at djdns

Craig