xhost question

Anthony Hologounis plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:00:13 -0700

I saw der hans post about using ssh with the -X flag. I read the man page on
ssh too. I cant seem to get that feature to work, either that or I am not
doing it right..hmm, lets take a guess..

Here is what I am doing:

xhost +bob #lets allow the machine bob

ssh -X bob #lets get over to bob

Whilst on bob

export DISPLAY=jim:0.0

$xosview &

Ok that works fine.

After reading the threads concerning xhost I got the impression that I dont
need to do

xhost +bob

that ssh with the -X flag will work in its place...

I tried it of course but it doesnt.

So can someone give me the exact syntax of using ssh with the -X option to
export displays from one machine to another?
Thanks

Anthony