FotR

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:01:04 -0700

What's cool about this is that it seems to be "in" to read books these days.
I'm glad a lot of kids seem to be putting down their video game joysticks
long enough to pick up a book.  (Gawd, I'm starting to sound like somebody's
parent....)  I don't care if it's Harry Potter, J.R.R. Tolkien or whatever,
the fact that kids are reading is A Good Thing.  My wife tells me all the
time that I don't read anymore, which is untrue-- I read all the time.  But
she doesn't consider reading "A Programmer's Introduction to PHP 4.0" to be
"real reading."  :)

~Jeff

On February 06, 2002 11:13 PM der.hans wrote:

> One of the coolest things I've seen was in a book store. There were two
kids
> ( closer to 5 than 10 ) and the boy cried out "Cool. They've got Tolkien."
> The girl readily agreed that was indeed a good thing and dropped the HP
item
> she had in her hands to pick up her own copy of Tolkien :). The dropping
HP