MS programming moratorium

foodog plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:04:28 -0700

Jim wrote:

> Everyone knows that if the task were real, the moratorium would be longer
> than a month.

But: MS sent all their programmers to a Security Boot Camp for a WHOLE
WEEK!  The reports I read claimed 20,000 programmers were involved
(really).  So, given that 20K programmers have 1 week of professional
training on secure coding, divided by 52 weeks... that gives MS an
awesome 384.61538 YEARS of secure coding experience.  Dang, I wish I was
one of their shareholders :-)

> > It would be nice if even one legitimate news source was carrying
> > this story.  The sites listed below lose a lot of credability when
> > they start referring to Bill Gates as "His Billness".  So far I have
> > not been able to find anything about this on any of the news wire
> > services.

FWIW, the story's also on www.silicon.com, when their network's up.  All
of the details seem to fit: the conference happened; Mr. Purcell spoke
at it; what the heck's "Government Computing News" got to gain by making
up funny stories about MS?