VMWare

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:18:32 -0700

Victor Odhner wrote:

> "John (EBo) David" wrote:
> > Even if you have an old machine that
> > requires the mouse and keyboard to be
> > attached at boot you still can throw
> > them all in a corner and use a single
> > monitor and keyboard on your
> > desk...
>
> John, you're assuming that there IS a
> "corner" available in my office.  That's
> because you have never stumbled into my
> office/workshop/junkroom.   ;-)

;-) true...  I did however assume that if you were going to do two
keyboards, mice, and monitors, that there would be enough room for the
same without the monitor.  That seemed like a safe assumption given the
thread...

Well, the last time I looked, VNC was freely distributed so you can give
it a try without costing much (mainly time).  The time to determine
weither it will work in the prefered configuration sould only be a few
minuites to an hour.  If it works, then your gold, otherwise you'll know
quickly that you need to do the standard shuffle.

 EBo --