unreachable host

mazdaracer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Dec 2002 16:13:21 -0800

Perhaps a bit unusual for what may be the norm, but this is what I've
got setup:

            + XP2 (public)

            + XP1 (public)

DSL Router -+ [eth0               ]
              [    Redhat 7.3     ]
              [eth1 (192.168.0.10)]
              [___________________]

      [     dLink WiFi 614+ Router/Hub          ]
      [        LAN: 192.168.0.2                 ]
      [        WAN: 192.168.0.3                 ]
      [      Gateway: 192.168..10               ]
      [___DHCP Svr 192.168.0.100 to 120_________]
                   |                 |
                  Lan               WiFi
                   |                 |
                 Laptop2           Laptop1
                 (RH7.3)            (W2k)
                   .102              .100

I can ping 102 > 100 and vice versa, but not .10
I tried setting the ISP assigned addr to all 0, but then I can't get
out, so I changed it to .3 and the dlink itself is .2. Now I can get out
to the net via .10.
Of course I can ping .2 from the laptops to get into the setup program
for the dlink.

Basically I'm not sure how to set up the router properly so I can access
my main box (.10) for ftp etc.

pete