Sony Mavica CD200, 250 or 400 on linux

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:43:24 -0700

  Lee> Do any of you have experience with the Sony
  Lee> Mavicas that store images on CD? I was ready to
  Lee> buy one, figuring that the CD image storage
  Lee> would get me past any software issues, and would
  Lee> spare me having to configure a card reader, etc,
  Lee> but I noticed a post on another newsgroups
  Lee> indicating that there is a problem with the Mac
  Lee> OSX reading the Mavica CDs. I want to be sure
  Lee> that I can read them with Linux before I jump
  Lee> and purchase one of these cameras.

I've been unable to get my Mavica CD1000 disks mounted
on the USB bus despite trying a lot of things. If
anyone knows for sure what to do, I'd love to hear
about it.

This was a thread I started on this group previously.
Nothing anyone suggested works.

However, the CDs will mount as ordinary CDs, so it's
not as if I don't have a way to view the images.
Therefore I've just dropped the matter until the next
time I feel like beating my head against the wall.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ