Syncing Palm V with J-Pilot

Scott H plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:17:53 -0800 (PST)

Still trying to sync my Palm V using JPilot on
Mandrake 8.2.  I've tried pointing JP at
/dev/ttyS0 and this eliminates any error messages
from JP, instead it just sits there with this:

Syncing on device /dev/ttyS0
Press the Hotsync button now.

And on the Pilot, after pressing the HotSync
button, and waiting a minute or so, it pops up:

"The connection between your handheld computer
and the desktop could not be establised..."

I've checked permissions on the serial port, and
these allow any user to connnect.  What am I
missing??

Thanks,

Scott

.