No more bendin over to uncle Bill for me!

BoBB plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:55:39 -0700

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 11:49:30AM -0700, Brian Cluff wrote:
> That sounds like a GREAT box, and isn't so bleeding edge that you will have to
> track down weird drivers to get it to work.
> Just one more thing I though I would throw in,  if you want to do anything
> with 3D graphics, you will probably want to go with a ATI Radeon card, any
> model,  they have 3D support built in by default and shouldn't give you too
> many headaches getting it up and running.

I would like to point out that if you want decent drivers for gaming or
something that you go with a radeon 8500 or higher, and you have to get
the drivers from ati and install them. Not sure how difficult it is
because i have a 7000 :( And quite frankly the acceleration sucks. I get
about 15 fps when playing a game like counter strike or quake. The
nvidia cards are cheap and the drivers are great ... once you get them
isntalled.

--
BoBB