No more bendin over to uncle Bill for me!

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:57:54 -0700 (MST)

Am 23. Dec, 2002 schw=E4tzte Brian Cluff so:

> On Friday 20 December 2002 10:30 pm, Vona and Travis Vanlandingham wrote:
> > Howdy,
> > I'm starting at ground zero with Linux, I've been contemplating install=
ing
> > Lindows because of it's compatability with windows apps. My doctor who =
is a
> > Linux nut said no,no,no, Mandrake 9.0 I confesss total igrorance in thi=
>
> The problem with lindows is that it's subscription based,  They want $100=
/year
> to keep you updated with the latest software.... but if that doesn't both=
er

That shouldn't be a problem. Well, it is a little high, but it shouldn't be
a problem for people to pay for service. Security updates should be no cost
as well as easy to obtain and install.

Lindows has many other issues, though.

Travis, do you have friends who use GNU/Linux? If so, try what they use.

> at /home/username/mp3s so you don't fill up your regular hard drive.

You mean /home/username/ogg ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Strangers are friends just waiting to happen!