apache 1.3.24

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Dec 2002 21:08:31 -0700

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 20:19, Nathan England wrote:

> Well, text loads fast. The jpgs load instantly, but the pngs along side them
> take a while to load. I've tried it using mozilla 1.2, konq 3.0.4 and IE 5.5
> all with the same result. So I'm pretty sure it's apache.

-----
I suppose that if the premise is that it's apache - which I don't
believe it to be, then you could test it...

telnet host 80
GET HTTP/1.0 filename (or something like this - I've forgotten the exact
command)

and have it loop 100 times and touching a file start and file end to
time it.

do that with a png and a jpg file and I bet the only differences would
be the that which is accounted for by file size.

It's possible that the program you are using to create the png files
isn't writing a file that's as optimal for png as it is for jpg.

Craig