apache 1.3.24

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:36:35 -0700

The only thing that will rule out the server is if you get the same behavior on
a similar machine running those browsers.  I suspect the problem is in the
browser (all of them) when it comes to handling of pngs over jpgs or gifs.

Try loading just the png file from the server without it being part of a
webpage.  The logs should tell you how long it took to transfer the file to the
client.