NIC driver install

cliff rogers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:33:09 -0800

OK I have been reading a lot of how-tos and FAQ's and I am now definitely in
a state of confusion. I have located and copied the source code for the
drivers I need according to the redhat and/or d-link websites. I also have
an exe file that is from the d-link site and is the driver for linux for
these NIC's. I don't know what to do with any of these to go from here. If
someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. FYI I
am not very experienced with moving around the linux directories but I am
getting there :) Also I kind of need things spelled out so I understand
which part of a command is fixed and which part I need to provide like: vi
[filename] where I provide the filename. Thanks for any help given or
forthcoming    Cliff