Dot.Bombs AZ Style

Daniel Wolstenholme plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:09:04 -0800 (PST)

I interviewed there in early 2002, but the impression I got as
an interviewee was that it was an all-MS shop as I never saw
Linux anywhere, and when I asked about it I was only told about
its use in target systems.  All the desktop systems I saw were
MS, and I was told that all the host systems were MS using
Citrix Metaframe.  My resume intentionally had no mention of any
MS products on it, but the people in my interview seemed more
interested in whether I'd be willing to learn WinCE than
anything Unix-based.  I was told that customers wanted Windows
and .NET, so that's where they were going.  Considering that the
Dice.com ad for the position seemed very pro-Linux, I felt
rather deceived at the interview when I found out how big a
priority Windows was.  This was one of the main reasons I had
for rejecting the job.

The other was that they had burned through 3 rounds of funding
without becoming profitable, and told me that they only had
enough funding to last till November.  Guess the 4th round
didn't come through.

The unsubscription thing turned out to be an issue with how I
receive my email (the system automatically unsubscribed me) and
is fixed now.

Dan