bizarre Mozilla/Konqueror behavior

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:14:35 -0700

  Patrick> Oh and open the file in seperate window, try
  Patrick> a save as.. this tried to save as
  Patrick> help.cgi.txt. ...

That was the clue I needed to fix the script. It it
offers to save it as a .txt, it must think the text is
a plain text file. Using file info in Mozilla I
discovered the Type: was set to type/text. Turns out
the CGI script was never sending a proper Content-type
header. I added a CGI call to do that, and my problem
was solved.

Thanks much for your observations. This is for a
project where the customer is extremely irate and
impatient.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ