Update

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:29:30 -0700

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 08:44 pm, Patrick Fleming EA wrote:
> The following image should point to your new kernel- whatever you have
> named it. vmlinuz-2.4.20 happens to be the name of my latest kernel.

Yes. Mine also is 2.4.20
So then it appears that I needn't change anything? But make lilo look lik=
e:

> > image=3D/boot/vmlinuz
> > =09label=3Dlinux
> > =09root=3D/dev/hda5
> > =09initrd=3D/boot/initrd.img
> > =09append=3D"devfs=3Dmount quiet"
> > =09vga=3D788
> > =09read-only
> > image=3D/boot/vmlinuz
> > =09label=3Dlinux-nonfb
> > =09root=3D/dev/hda5
> > =09initrd=3D/boot/initrd.img
> > =09append=3D"devfs=3Dmount"
> > =09read-only
> > image=3D/boot/vmlinuz
> > =09label=3Dfailsafe
> > =09root=3D/dev/hda5
> > =09initrd=3D/boot/initrd.img
> > =09append=3D"devfs=3Dnomount failsafe"
> > =09read-only
> > other=3D/dev/fd0
> > =09label=3Dfloppy
> > =09unsafe

Is this correct?

I don't quite catch your meaning when you say, "Try changing the section =
that=20
you added to point to the kernel you copied from bzImage to=20
/etc/vmlinuz-(whatever) then pausing lilo long enough to select the new=20
kernel."  because vmlinuz is only in /boot and the symbolic link (in boot=
=20
also) points to the correct kernel
file:/boot/vmlinuz is the symbolic link in the same directory.
file:/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdk is the kernel the link used to point to
file:/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 I changed the link to point at this kernel

Does it appear I did everything correctly?
--=20