NFS Permision Problem

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Dec 2002 14:26:39 -0700

Okay I've got NFS running on two of my computers and I was able to mount
the sharable mount from one computer to the other. Now here is my issue
how do I give write permission for username@computer1 to
/nfs/dir@computer2? And yes in /etc/exports I set it as read write (rw).
This is what I attempted. I created a user with the same name on
computer2 (yes at some point I should have all my user accounts on the
same box) then created a group. I added the user to that group on
computer2 and gave that group ownership of the directory and rw
permision. username@computer2 can now successfully create files in the
directory. Now I go back to computer1 mount -t nfs the directory then su
- back to username and try to write to the directory It says I don't
have permission. What am I missing. Is there a setting to allow users on
remote hosts to write to the directory? Is there a way to add a remote
user to the group list? Please help. <g>

--
Carl Parrish (cparrish@carlparrish.com)
http://www.carlparrish.com