Relatively inexpensive multi-function printer for Linux?

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:57:01 -0700

linuxprinting.org is great if you already have a printer in mind and just
want to verify that it works.  The "Suggest Printers" guide is also good
for "normal" printers.

However, I wanted two things that the site doesn't do: first person advice
on a system that meets a particular criteria (the reverse of what the site
does) AND cost information (which the site doesn't (and can't) do at all).

What I was doing last night was just searching for all MFPs and then going
to linuxprinting.org to see if they are listed.  I just thought that maybe
somebody has already had experience in this area and could shorten the
search.

FWIW, I think I'm going to to try the "use software to combine printer
scanner and fax modem" to emulate the deal.  I already have a printer that
I love (Brother HL-1270n.. *very* nice) and a great modem (external USR
Sportster) so it may be overkill to buy a full MFP to replace them.  We'll
see.

--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org