LABELS in RH 7.3 fstab file

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:37:22 -0700 (MST)

You can also change the labels to whatever you want via the e2label
command.  If you want to check what the current label is on a device, you
could enter this command:

/sbin/e2label /dev/sda7     (if you have scsi disks, or)
/sbin/e2label /dev/hda3     (if you have ide disks)

To change the label, simply pass the new label as an argument to the
e2label command.  IE

/sbin/e2label /dev/sda7 /mylabel

Be sure to update your /etc/fstab file to reflect this change.  IE

LABEL=/mylabel     /some_mount_point ...

You can always use the absolute device path, as specified below,
regardless of what label is (or is not) on the disk.

scott