Moin Moin (was Johansen)

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:03:26 -0500

And all this time, I was thinking, "I ought to ask Hans what that means",
because it must be some German idiom I never learned in school.  What threw
me off was the very un-Germanic spelling.  Otherwise, it makes sense that it
would be short for Morgen (morning.)

Sorry about continuing this seriously OT thread, but it's good to finally
know what that "moin moin" business means.  :-)

Vaughn