Meeting topic = Sendmail

Entelin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Dec 2002 12:23:17 -0700

Tickticker, Matt Alexander : I dont really think even a mention of
postfix and qmail would serve much of a point. Everyone knows sendmail
is antiquated, insecure and should be replaced. However postfix and
qmail are also more straightforward and are less difficult to learn.
More importantly though, in the feild knowing sendmail is a prerequisite
to moving them to other mail servers, if you have the choice in the
first place. I personaly use qmail, however I need to get around to
learning sendmail at some point as its an imperitive to being a *nix
admin.