Getting bad interpreter error

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Dec 2002 10:13:54 -0700

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 10:08, mazdaracer wrote:
> Yes to all!
>
> iptables -L returns empty fields
>
> ls -lt on /etc/rc.d returns rwx on rc.firewall-2.4
>
> which sh returns /bin/sh
>
> and finally while in /etc/rc.d:
> ./rc.firewall-2.4 returns
> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory

-----
I was thinking line 4

FWVER=0.70

was a comment and needed a # at the start of the line. But that
shouldn't give that error and it shouldn't stop it from cruising through
the rest of the file.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the file...as in maybe
downloaded with Windows and the line endings are ms-dos (CR+LF) instead
of unix (LF)?

Is there another / previously working copy of this file?

I have to believe that other shell scripts work fine or it would be
posing many other challenges on your computer.

Craig