Hardware question

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:56:16 -0700

Hello all.
	As you may know it has been determined that my CD Rom is bitting the dust. As
a result of this determination I choose to 'win' one of the Compaq computer
door prizes a couple of weeks ago. The gentleman who donated these informed
me that it was a SCSI device and to make it work I just had to remove the
board it was attached to also. The next day I happily opened that box up to
discover that the board was attached to was the mother board. Does this mean
that he was incorrect when telling me it was a SCSI device. More than that,
where are the used computer hardware stores and how can one tell if the
devices you get there are SCSI or not.
		Any info would be greatly appreciated!
--