irix, system v, and slackware

Sundar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 14:37:14 -0700

Irix is a 'System V' system too, like Solaris. If you have worked on
Solaris, you can manage much of irix. But, as always proprietary unix
systems tend to emerge slowly to become a beast of their own, they could
be totally different in some aspects. It has a fantastic front-end. Of
course, I worked on it long time back (5-6 years back).

 Did they make it open source now? I should check it out.

Cheers!
Sundar