squid problem

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:46:09 -0700

I was using webmin and the cli. But I found a couple bugs in my version o=
f=20
webmin for certain acl rules. Like ethernet address, instead of src it us=
ed=20
arp which crashed squid everytime...=20
Or maybe my squid is too old.!

nathan

Am 04 Mittwoch, Dezember 2002 06:19 schrieb Craig White:
> On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 01:07, Nathan England wrote:
> >

> > I got it working.
> > In case anyone cares...
> >
> > I had to do this
> >
> > in the squid.conf file:
> >
> > acl blocked_sites dstdomain "/etc/squid/blocked"
> > acl bademployee src 192.168.0.5
> >
> > http_access deny blocked_sites bademployee
> >
> > /etc/squid/blocked is a file that lists all the sites
> > mail.yahoo.com
> > .hotmail.com
> > .wildemail.com
> > .microsoft.com
> >
> > that sort of thing. I had to enable all the debugging in squid so I c=
ould
> > tail the log and see what was happening. I had the Allow all acl in
> > place, so that was pretty much blowing over anything else I put in. I=
 got
> > rid of that and everything works great.
>
> ----
> This is one of the things that I love to use webmin for
> <http://www.webmin.com>
>
> It handles constructing acls and moving them/ranking them easily enough
> and the ability to restart squid, clear the cache, view the stats or
> logs.
>
> I know it's cheating not to use the cli, but I admit it...I was an earl=
> Mac user and learned network administration on Windows NT.
>
> BTW...My daughter is a teacher in Scottsdale elementary and they block
> all the big web mail sites access for everyone. Too many viruses, too
> much wasted time.
>
> Craig

- --=20
Nathan England

plug  at the-arcanum.org
jabber id: linuxjunkie@jabber.earth.li

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
- --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to:
uce@ftc.gov