squid problem

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:14:08 -0700

I agree completely, but you must realise, this is Payson. If the employee=
=20
shows up for work everyday, that's better than 99% of the rest of the peo=
ple=20
in this town!

We totally disabled net access before, but it became too much of a burden=
 for=20
some of the others.

We use cable access, and it has to dial up before you can use it. Because=
 of=20
this, I have not been able to get any IP chains stuff to work. Once the p=
hone=20
connection is dropped the net IP stays the same, but then we can no longe=
r=20
get to the cable modem to tell it to dial again. So I have to stop ipchai=
ns,=20
then reset the IP address, then dialup, then reset the ipchains again. Un=
til=20
the line is dropped. Our phone lines really really suck.

So, I made a script that checks if it's online and does nothing, but when=
 it=20
gets dropped, it automatically resets everything and allows us to get bac=
k to=20
it and I do nothing...

Now, hoping you understand the situation, when I set ipchains to block=20
192.168.0.5 from accessing yahoo.com it never seems to work.=20
I'm not as fluent with ipchains as I should be, so maybe I'm doing it wro=
ng,=20
or in the wrong spot in my script.=20
But doesn't yahoo have multple machines for mail.yahoo.com ? Or is it alw=
ays=20
the same ip?

What would I use?

ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 192.168.0.5 -d mail.yahoo.com -j DENY

???=20

Thanks again.

Am 03 Dienstag, Dezember 2002 22:55 schrieb Lee Levine:
> Tell the employee to either stop checking e-mail from work
> or go look for another job.
>
> After all, if he/she isn't working, then he/she shouldn't get paid.
>
> Taliesin MacAran
> Phoenix, Arizona
> My webpage http://kd7eth.net
>
> Taliesin's Az. Weather Page
> http://kd7eth.net/Weather.shtml
> MOLON LABE!!!
>
> GunFree Camps(tm) http://www.royalrife.com/990605.html
>
> The debate over whether to not to arm pilots has focused on the size of=
 the
> hole made by the projectile... With an unarmed pilot, the projectile wi=
ll
> be fired from an F-16 scrambled to intercept. I suggest that the F-16's
> projectile will make a larger hole than the handgun will.
> --JIM RICHARDSON

- --=20
Nathan England

plug  at the-arcanum.org
jabber id: linuxjunkie@jabber.earth.li

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
- --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to:
uce@ftc.gov