Hardware Problem

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:30:54 -0700

Dennis,

You are right (sort of)..

The computer has 4 pcmcia slots in 2 banks. When I moved the network card to
the second bank and put the hard drive in the first bank, the pcmcia hard drive
was recognized, but not the network card!

Actually that is not completely true - I put the network card in the second
bank, rebooted, and no network card. I then put in the hard drive in the first
bank, and the os recognized it right away. I guess kernel 2.2 also supports hot
swapped pcmcia cards?

The kernel is 2.2.something.

Any suggestions on how to (1) get the other pcmcia slots activated, and (2) how
do I access the new drive (it is hdc, based on what I saw on the screen)?

Thanks!

Mark