Mandrake 8.2 on new pc- configuration issues

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:06:21 -0700

Hi, all-

I just built a new PC, installed Mandrake 8.2, and am encountering some
issues. Notably, I periodically get little vertical white lines on my
display, and running Harddrake causes my screen to go black and stay
that way until I reboot (bsod Mandrake style?) My video card is a Best
Data GeForce 4 MX440. which uses the Nvidia chip and which is Linux
supported according to the comments on the box. What is causing this? Do
I need to update my Nvidia drivers? What exactly is the procedure for
doing that?

I appreciate any help that you all can give.

Lee Einer