Formating floppies

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Dec 2002 23:53:46 -0700

Depends upon what you want the floppies for. Since most of the time your
going to write a floppy, verify it and then unmount it ext3 would be
overkill and waste a fair amount of space. I just usually use dos
formatted floppies as I'm too lazy to format them and they come
preformed to dos.

If on the other hand you are planning on using floppies as your primary
storage and there is risk of power loss while using the storage then
ext3 has some value but again the cost is high on a floppy.