LTSP question

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:51:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 29. Aug, 2002 schwätzte Mark Berkwitt so:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:03:33 -0700
> Mark Berkwitt <mberkwitt@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > While trying to install LTSP I attempt
> >
> > #service nfs start
> >
> > but it can't find nfs.
> >
> > It seems I need to install nfs to my Mandrake 8.2 system.
> >
> > Is there a way other than running the installation cd and selecting upgrade and choosing nfs?

> Reply to myself:
>
> I just ran the installation CD and went to |expert upgrade|packages, and listed under
> +Servers
>   +Network Computer Server
>      +nfs-utils  //is already checked
> I guess you don't need to select servers as nfs-utils is installed by default.
>
> No now what do I do?

Check in /etc/init.d/ for a start/stop script for nfs.

I think 'service' is just a shell script that ends up calling start/stop
scripts anyway, so it appears something is missing.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way