windows having trouble reading burned cd

Craig S. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:59:34 -0700

> Message: 7
> From: Logan Kennelly <voltage_spike@fastmail.fm>
> To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> Subject: Re: windows having trouble reading burned cd
> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:02:14 -0700

Ok, I figured out a second little quirk. The other reason why my href tags wouldn't work is because when linux burns a cd with Joliet file support it truncates the file length to 8 chars so the existing href tags weren't pointing in the right direction. I shortened my directories and tags to less than 8 chars and everything works great. Internet Exploder seems to be the only one having trouble opening the files locally but I think it is a issue with permissions at the school. XP and win98 read the cd's fine now.

Craig S.