vpn question - SSL vs IPSec

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:15:35 -0700

IPSec would cover all TCP/IP ports, while the SSL encrypted Apache session
tunnels things through HTTP and implies the use of a web browser and
potentially some Java as a client for accessing your applications.

Using IPSec, it would be possible connect directly to your internal mail
server via a secure link using whatever mail client you'd normally use, while
the Apache method would probably require some form of webmail application.