Sound on Winbook running Debian

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:21:31 -0400

Thanks, Derek.  I wasn't sure how to get back to that module install script.
I found some references via Google that showed me how to specify the IRQ's
and IO addresses for the board.  BUT when I use modconf to try to install the
modules for opl3 and opl3sa I get a wierd error; depmod claims there are
unresolved symbols in binfmt_aout.o.  I know that's a file format (an ancient
one, from my Unix days) so I try to install the module for binfmt_aout from
the "fs" menu - and it fails also.  It accuses me of trying to install a
module without a GPL-compatible license AND says there's an unresolved symbol
called "do_truncate."  Now I tried searching Google again, and the only
reference to this problem is an an Italian web site, and (if I understand the
auto-translated gobbledygook) no answer has been posted.  Has anyone else
encountered such a problem?  Does it have anything to do with installing the
obsolete "libc4" (I saw a reference to that on a Czech web site)?

Thanks again,
Vaughn