What is this e-mail?

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:58:35 -0700

Lee Einer wrote:
> . . .

Strange thing:  I have two main e-mail accounts.
This one is at cox.net and I read it using
Netscape 4.7.  The other is on a Linux box and
I read it using Pine.

The Linux/Pine account is where I get all my
Klez worms -- two or three a day, at least.
Very inventive subject lines, from all sorts
of people (rarely anyone I know), and always
the same contents.  Of course it's easy to
recognize because of the way Pine displays
the list of parts in the message, and I couldn't
suffer any harm unless I were to send it to
my Cox account and open it with one of the MS
mail clients I never use.  (And even they
happen to be Klez-proofed, I think.)

Here on Cox.net, I very rarely ever get Klez
messages.  I'm suspecting that Cox has something
set up to eat them.  Of course Klez isn't too
dangerous to me anyway due to the practices we
follow on this PC, but it's ironic that all
the MS worms go to the Linux box.

Vic