cdrecord problem

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
26 Aug 2002 12:16:44 -0700

Yes that is the root of the problem.  You will have to check the grub
boot loader config to find out how to pass the hdc=ide-scsi command to
the kernel at boot time.  I use lilo so I don't know how to do it in
grub.

Bill W

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 09:06, Justin Halter wrote:
> When I try to use cdrecord -scanbus  I get the
> following messages:
> "cdrecord: no such file or directory.  Cannot open
> SCSI driver", followed by, "cdrecord: for possible
> targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.  Make sure you are
> root".
> Obviously I did it as root.
> The lilo.conf file has the append="hdc=ide-scsi" line
> in it, but when I installed Red Hat 7.3, I used Grub,
> not Lilo, so I am not sure if that helps or is the
> root of the problem.
> Does anyone have insight into this problem?  thanks

Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.