3D Video cards

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:09:43 -0700 (MST)

I had this problem with TNT/AMD/Linux. Something
about all three making incompatible assumptions
about the memory bus. The temporary solution was
to set a CPU flag in lilo.conf - which disabled
some x86 memory performance tweak. Alan Cox talked
about patching the kernel I think, but I don't
know if it has happened yet.

Unfortunately, the drive that I have set up for
GL isn't plugged in right now or I'd connect to
that machine (it's at home) and get it for you.

Vague enough? How 'bout this:

I think I read about it on Slashdot, which pointed
to an article on Gentoo that was tracking the issue,
but now I can't find either article.

No wait, I found it:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/01/21/0750226&mode=thread&tid=142