Debian and X update

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
25 Aug 2002 22:08:38 -0700

OK, I finally had time to sit down and fix this, and now I am
experiencing "Debian goodness." :) X wasn't completely installed (dunno
why, but I'm sure I screwed something up during installation), so I
installed X, ran xf86config, and everything worked. If anyone at IF2
wants to put woody on a Dell Inspiron 7500 (I did a net install, BTW),
send 'em my way.

My impressions:

Installation wasn't as "pretty" as with RH, but it went very smoothly
(except for X). It wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected.

Apt-get is great, but dselect does not have the most intuitive interface
in the world. But overall, I am impressed so far.