Points of interest, new services, new computer

Kimi Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
22 Aug 2002 19:00:27 -0700

Unity Wave has captured a project that has brought new people to our
door step and has allowed us to hire a full time Systems Administrator.
Jim Barrows will be heading up the IT department here as well as my long
standing part time administrator Chris Hanson.

Both men are experienced in their field but are willing to take the
brunt of the issues others left behind.  Jim has done a flawless job of
keeping customers happy.

I wish to say as well that there will be many changes to the websites
again and addition of services.  We have solidified many of our projects
to final completion recently.  Look for those updates in the near
future.

More updates on my machine.  To catch up, my original hard drive
crashed, with Windows.  I got another hard drive and had Mandrake 8.2
installed.  There have been several things I found not to do, but for
the most part, I know need an administrator for the darn thing too!
hehehe

I am not sure that I like Evolution but Jim likes the task manager and
scheduler.  I am not sure that I like the browsers because they are slow
to load.  I am used to shutting down things in Windows so I figured out
that keeping them up would be a good thing.

My secretary's hard drive and CD Rom don't like Linux.  At all.  She is
hosed.  She needs a new computer, which she is happy about.  We shall
move the other office machines to Linux by next week.  I will be glad to
be back where I can function without shut downs.

Thanks for reading.....

Kimi Adams
Unity Wave
602-.375-5363