digital camera suggestions

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:09:03 -0700

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 09:13:10AM -0500, Mike Starke wrote:
> I am currently in the market for a digital camera, however
> I want to ensure it works properly with Linux.
>
> It's my understanding that I can just plug into a
> USB port and I can then mount the device. I have never bothered
> to compile USB into my kernel, for obvious reasons (no USB devices:);
> I am assuming there is support for a variety of cameras out there?
>
> Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Just make sure you have a means by which to mount the memory card
directly.  For example I use a CF camera, and mount the CF card in a
PCMCIA adapter in my laptop.  It's quick and doesn't require special
drivers or slow serial downloading or proprietary protocol of any kind.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org