Replacement for Microsoft Project?

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:41:35 -0500

I too had researched this about 2 months ago. The best alternative
I found was mrproject. I can not confirm whether it runs on Windows or not tho'.

I don't know what version they are at right now, but I just used
what was apt-get for Debian (V .0.5.1). It would lock up on occasion,
but it has certainly provided me all the features I needed for running
a 500K remodel project.

If you have hard core MS Project users, they will definetly
be disappointed by the lack of features (I used to run a MS Project
Central Server at my last place).

just my 2cents

v/r
Mike

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:38:42AM -0700, der.hans wrote:
 Am 21. Aug, 2002 schwätzte Matt Alexander so:

 > Does anyone know of a product like "Microsoft Project" that is free and
 > runs on Windows and Linux?  I haven't used MS Project, so I'm not familiar
 > with how it works, but I've been asked to find an alternative.

 I don't know if Mr. Project runs on m$, but phpgroupware has a project
 module and it's all a web interface, so it runs whereever you want :).

 Ideally we need a project planner that runs as a GUI for day to day use, but
 also has a web interface for clients who don't have the app installed.

 ciao,

 der.hans
 --
 #  https://www.LuftHans.com/
 #  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the