Unix/Linux classes

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:53:16 -0700

  Miles> Does anyone know where I might be able to take
  Miles> a Unix/Linux class?

I teach two half-semester classes of Unix/Linux at UAT
(University of Advancing Technology). However:

o I think the classes are available only for regularly
  enrolled students. I don't think you can take just
  whatever classes you want, as in some community
  colleges.

o I happen to be giving the final exam in the beginning
  class today. The next time it starts will be on
  October 27.

o Whereas my own classes are good (opinions on this
  vary among the students, with a strong correlation to
  how well the students are doing), I can't vouch for
  any other courses given at UAT. I know for a fact
  that previous iterations of Unix/Linux at UAT were
  not well-taught.

o I personally believe there are better ways to learn
  Unix/Linux than taking a course somewhere, many of
  them free. (If I say that long and loud enough, I
  could opine myself out of a job.)

--
Lynn