Setup Help needed - SSL, Mail Server (Robert Ward)

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Aug 2002 11:07:01 -0700

> > Email server.  I am pretty much determined I am not using sendmail.  It
> > will either be qmail or postfix.  But I was not sure what others have
> > used and I am willing to go either way.  I have heard both are pretty
> > simple to maintain and have good security (a must have).  The only email
> > servers I have installed are Exchange and a few other windows based
> > email servers.  There are a ton of tutorials on setting up postfix and
> > even qmail but I need to get it right the first time since time doesn't
> > allow for me to screw up much at this point.
>
> Go with postfix since you're using Red Hat.

Personally I love Qmail but it took me forever to get set up. I'm not
generally thought of as a sys admin though so that may have just been
me. <g>. Still if you need to set it up quick and easy go with postfix
(on RH). but when you have time to play with it you may want to look
into qmail.

Carl P