hookup to cable modem was easy

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:47:03 -0400

If you think it's a lot of work securing a box, how much work is it to
find a new ISP and reinstall from scratch after you've been rooted, and
your ISP dropped you for hacking?  (Which of course YOU didn't do, but
someone else using your box did.)

Speaking of dates, did you know that most of the Rainbow series (the
Bibles of Security) were last revised just over 15 years ago?  It would
appear only the details of security have changed - the major pieces have
not.

Regards,

George