Mail Server Flame War ;-) (Was: Setup Help needed...)

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Doug Winterburn wrote:

> Most folks who "stay away" from sendmail are in fear of configuring it
> and haven't bothered to look at the M4 macros to configure sendmail.

Hmm...  I spent several years administering Sendmail for an ISP.  It's a
pain in the ass.  Yes, I know how it works and I can get it to do anything
I want it to, but after I found Postfix, I never looked back.  If you've
spent years learning Sendmail and are happy with it, then stick with it.
Postfix (and qmail) are simply easier to configure and accomplish the same
thing.
~M