Transparent PNG Image

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
19 Aug 2002 13:59:28 -0700

The gimp does transparent PNGs.  Just make the part that you want
transparet, transparent (let the white and grey grid show though) and
save it out.
PNG's can actually have full alpha channel worth of transparency, but
only mozilla seems to support it.
If you are running mozilla see www.azgeocaching.com 's logo at the top
left of the page for an example of full transparency.  If you go there
is a different browser it gives you a gif that have a dither patter to
fake the same effect... badly.

Brian Cluff